Group/Large Area Search System
RIT’s Group/Large Area Search Kit makes large area search and RIT team operations a safer task. The standard kit is set up for a four person team and provides a lifeline to the outside for each member. While conducting RIT operations we are searching for one of our own, we have a tendency to search harder and longer than normal. Each RIT team member is not only connected to the outside, but the system also leads secondary RIT teams to their location for assistance and/or supplies.
- Systematic Search System
- Reduces Duplication of Search
- Keeps Search Crew Together
- Maintains A Means of Egress
- Secondary Teams can follow lines to assist
- Ideal For Large Structure Search
The Chicago Style Bag is construted with 1000 denier nylon covered on the back. The bottom of the bag is covered with poly-coated nylon to resist abrasion, cuts and tears. All the seams are triple sewn with a Tex138 Nylon thread and comes standard with a breakaway adjustable shoulder strap and reflective trim. The Chicago Style Bag is equipped with utility pockets for carrying additional equipment and tools.
The RIT Marker System can be added to any primary search line. This system was developed by nationally recognized fire service instructors. The marker system provides distance in the structure and the direction out. A series of knots and rings are placed at 20 ft. intervals. The number of knots can be counted to determine distance traveled into the building, and the rings provide a direction to the way out.
- Marker System Provides Orientation
- Rings and Knots Every 20’
- Provides Tag Line Operation
- Click HERE [PDF] for detailed information on the Marker System.
|Large Area Search System
|Primary Line Size
|Primary Line Construction
|Kevlar over polyester
|Primary Line Temp Rating
|Primary Line Strength
|Primary Line Lengths
|100 ft., 200 ft., 300 ft.
- Each kit is supplied with three (3) self-retracting tag lines
- 100 ft. & 200 ft. kits include 20 ft. tag lines
- 300 ft. kits include 50 ft. tag lines
- Both primary and tag lines come with non-rated snap hooks