Fire Hooks Hydra-Ram
Completely self-contained, the HYDRA-RAM gives one person the power to open practically any door in seconds. The HYDRA-RAM is smaller and lighter than many forcible entry tools that rely strictly on leverage, inertia, and strength of the operator.
• The first and only one-piece integrated, hydraulic forcible entry tool.
• No hoses or auxiliary pumps to leak or trip on
• 10,000lbs. of force
• Can be placed in any position, even upside down, without any effect on operation
• No worry about maintenance or leaking fluid - integral aircraft seals of triplex quality are used
• Hydraulic fluid is non-flammable, non-toxic and non-freezing
• Jaws are stainless steel with a tensile strength of 220,000 lbs.
• Tool body is aluminum that is heat treated & hard anodized
• Special finger grips on handle for non-slip holding.
|Hydra-Ram I||Hydra-Ram II|
|Force||10,000 lbs.||10,000 lbs.|
|Max. Thrust Opening||4"||6"|
|Unit Weight||11 lbs.||13 lbs.|
• A heavy Cordura bag and mallet is included with the Hydra-Ram I and II
Presently in use by New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., Los Angeles Co. and other major city fire departments in the U.S.A., and Europe. After 11 months of strenuous testing in twelve of the busiest Truck and Rescue Companies in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx, the Hydra-Ram won the overwhelming approval and recommendation of the FDNY's Research and Development Division.
During testing and evaluation, Ladder Co. 4 used the Hydra-Ram to successfully force open 109 doors during search operations in the World Trade Center after 1993 terrorist bombing in the twin towers basement parking garage.