VOLT AC Detector
The Leader Volt AC Detector provides audible and visual warning of potentially dangerous AC voltage without the need to have direct contact with the power source. The Volt AC Detector uses a high sensitivity detector and AC amplifier that offer three unique sensitivity modes.
• Safe and simple to use
• Exceptionally sensitive
• Splash proof
• 3 sensitivity modes
• High sensitivity: For inspection from great distance
• Low sensitivity: Aids in detecting the source
• Front focused: Makes unit unidirectional (reduces influence of high voltage wires)
Urban Search & Rescue:
Detection of unknown sources of unshielded and potentially hazardous AC voltages.
During, and after fires, during overhaul and investigations. Verification and monitoring of power disconnect.
Quick check of site and vehicle for potential exposure to AC voltage.
Confined Space Rescue:
To verify power shut-off and proper lockout at the entry site of machinery and equipment posing hazard’s through accidental activation.
After earthquakes, wind and ice storms or floods, to identify energized wires on roads or in structures within collapsed buildings and flooded sites.
Locate potential sources of electrical shock during rescue operations.
• Weight: 1.26 lbs. (570 g)
• Length: 20.5 in. (521 mm)
• Usable for frequency 20 to100Hz
• Diameter: 1.7 in. (45 mm)
• Running time: A set of alkaline batteries (4 x AA alkaline) will give one year of service. If left on continuously would equal 300 hours.
• Operating: -22 °F to +122 °F (-30 to +50 °C)
• Storage & transport: -40 °F to +158 °F (-40 to +70 °C)