Phenix Traditional Composite Fire Helmet
Phenix Technology’s Traditional Composite Helmet (TC-1) has a low center of gravity and is center balanced to greatly reduce neck fatigue. The Phenix TC-1 helmet will interface with any SCBA mask. There are a number of options available when building your custom helmet so please pay special attention to your desired features. If you do not see the helmet options you desire, please contact First Out Rescue Equipment to discuss the details of your helmet build. Contact Us.
• High temp. compression molded composite shell w/ commemorative 9-11 filigree design
• American made brass Phoenix finial
• High temperature thermoplastic dome
• Eight 3M lime-yellow reflective tetrahedrons
• Closed cell energy impact cap
• Exclusive Phenix suspension liner (nape strap or ratchet)
• Custom comfort pad integrated into suspension liner.
• Black Nomex fire retardant cotton 8” earlaps (detachable for easy cleaning & decon)
• Combination Nomex chinstrap with both postman slide and quick-release buckle
• D-ring on rear brim
• Compliant to current NFPA, CAL and US OSHA standards
Weight: Approximatly 56 oz. depending on configuration
|Model #||Suspension ||Ear Flaps |
|TC 001D (NFPA)
|TC 003D (NFPA)
|TC 005 - (OSHA)**
|TC 005R - (OSHA)**
**Helmet models TC 005 & TC 005R are NOT NFPA Compliant. Please consult your agency requirements before ordering a non-NFPA compliant helmet.
Suspension Liner Adjustment: Phenix suspension liners are offered in two different styles, ratchet and nape strap. Both styles are fully adjustable and are positioned at the nape of your neck. The nape strap adjusts by a Velcro strip usually referred to as a "one time adjustment". The ratchet adjusts by an adjustment knob allowing for quicker adjustment in the field. Suspension is adjustable from 6 ½" to 8 ½". If necessary, other sizing is available upon request.
• Paulson ATAC Goggles - Long Strap
• ESS Firepro Goggles - Long Strap
• ESS Firepro Goggles - 2 pc. Strap - Side Mount
• ESS Firepro Goggles - 2 pc. Strap - Under Brim Mount
• Bourke Flip-Down Eye Shileds*
* Bourkes style flip-down eye shields meet all applicable US OSHA standards. However, Bourke flip-down eye shields are NOT Certified to NFPA 1971 Standards for Structural Firefighting.
• Helmets ordered with Goggles AND Bourkes eye shields will include the eye shields but WILL NOT be installed by the factory. The end user is responsible for installation of the Bourkes.
• Helmets ordered with ONLY Bourke style shields will have the Bourkes eye shields installed by the factory on the helmet.
Colors: White, Red, Yellow and Black.
Reflective Tetrahedrons: Lime/Yellow Scotchlite (NFPA), Red/Orange (NFPA), White, Blue, Black
Deluxe Leather Comfort Package: The Front Comfort Pad, Crown Pad & Ratchet/Nape cover are upgraded from cloth covering to leather.
1. Phenix Helmets must be ordered with BOTH Earlaps and Goggles to be NFPA 1971 compliant. Please consult your agency requirements before ordering a non-NFPA compliant helmet.
2. TC-1 Helmet Shield mounting posts are set-up for wide body shields. If your existing shield is not a wide body shield, it will not fit your new helmet.
3. If you are ordering a Leather Helmet Shield, please download and complete the Shield Form. Please include your order number on the form in the Notes Section (Section M). Save the completed order form and send it to us via email as an attachment or via fax at 716-873-1526.
4. Please be sure you select the correct helmet model (TC-1) when choosing the shield size/style. If you would like other options not shown on the order form please Contact Us to discuss your leather shield detials.