MPD (Multi Purpose Device) Descent Control, and Belay device
Rope Rescue! Pulley / Rescue Belay / Descent Control
The MPD allows you to go from lowering to raising without changing hardware. More than nine years of research and development went into the patented Multi-Purpose Device (MPD), which features major innovations in advanced technical hardware for rope rescue professionals.
The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, allows it to be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware. The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging allowing you to expedite the rescue.
The revolutionary MPD increases user safety with:
• Reduced Weight
• Fewer Components
• Faster Rigging
• Quick Changeovers
• Simplified Training
• Lower Risk
The MPD is UL Classified as a Pulley, Descent Control, and Belay device.
• Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
• High efficiency pulley with integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
• Built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
• Allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirrored or twin-tensioned
• Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
• Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
• The MPD includes a protective Cordura® nylon storage bag and MPD User’s Manual.
MPD 13mm Model Specifications:
• Weight: 1.2 KG (2.6 LB)
• Rope Size: 13 MM (1/2 IN)
• NFPA Rating (Pulley, Belay): GENERAL USE
• NFPA Rating (Descent Control): GENERAL USE
• MBS Pulley: 49 KN (11,015 LBF)