CMC LEVR Escape System
Compact – Reliable - Intuitive
The CMC LEVR Personal Escape System is the most compact escape system available to firefighters. The CMC LEVR Escape System is designed to assure rapid emergency egress with safe and controllable descent. Designed and built around the CMC LEVR descender, a next-generation device that uses its lever-shaped handle for improved descent control, fast and easy horizontal pay-out, reliable edge transition, and intuitive operation.
The LEVR Descender is machined from aircraft-grade, high-strength aluminum and provides smooth and reliable edge transition, minimizing potential for hang-up at the window sill. The LEVR is engineered for quick, easy horizontal payout of web to allow fast egress from remote anchor points and to reduce impact force on the escape anchor if shock loaded during the bailout. The ergonomic, low-profile shape is optimized for use with gloved hand and features a non-slip handle surface.
The LEVR System includes 50 feet of proprietary CMC Fire Escape Web, made of 100% Technora® fiber for strength and durability when exposed to heat and flame. The LEVR escape system stores compactly organized into a durable Fire Escape Bag constructed of Nomex® fabric. The bag attaches securely to a belt or harness with hook and loop, or by threading a belt through the integrated tunnel loop. For rapid deployment, connect the System to your escape belt or harness using the included tether.
LEVR Escape System Features:
• Smooth and reliable edge transition, minimizing potential for hang-up at window sill
• Engineered for quick, easy horizontal payout of web for fast egress from remote anchor points
• Designed to reduce impact loads on escape anchor if shock loaded during bailout
• Low-profile side carry bag designed for right- or left-handed deployment
• Fire Escape Web™: 100% Technora® fiber for high strength & heat resistance
• Fire Escape Web dramatically reduces space required for storage
• LEVR Descender is ergonomically designed and features non-slip grip
• LEVR Weight: 6.7 oz. (190 g)
• LEVR Dimensions: 6.25” L x 1.5” W x 1.25” H (158 L x 38 W x 31H mm)
FLASH.2 Escape Anchor
The Flash.2 Escape Anchor’s improved design adds additional strength, safety and efficiency to the entire Escape System. The Flash.2 anchor is UL certified to NFPA 1983 – Escape Use for all foreseeable loading scenarios, including tip loading the hook.
• Meets NFPA requirements even when loaded in-line with the tip.
• Shape allows for firm, full-hand grip on top for rapid deployment and placement
• Shape directs spine toward flat surfaces for a sturdy attachment on lumber and window ledges
• Swift girth hitching around anchor points with large slotted handle
• Optimized tip shape improves engagement and seating when loaded
• Captive eye provides greater anchoring versatility
• The 12.5 mm attachment hole accepts most escape cord or web
• Machined from solid 7000-series, high strength aluminum.
• Weight: 7.8 oz.
• Dimensions: 7” x 4.75” x .5” (18 x 12 x 1.3 CM)
CMC ProTech Aluminum Carabiner
• Optimized D-shape maximizes strength
• Wide gate opening fits over 1-inch (25-mm) diameter railings
• Safety indicators etched on the gate
• Easy one-hand operation with auto-lock
• Removable keeper pin
• Weight: 3.6 oz. (102 G)
• Gate Opening: 1.0” (25 mm)
• NFPA Rating: Technical Use
• MBS: 6,519 LBF (29 Kn)
• Every carabiner is proof loaded
• Serial numbers on every carabiner
LEVR Escape System includes:
• LEVR descender
• 50 ft. (15.2 m) of 11 mm Fire Escape Web™ (NFPA 1983 – FR Escape Web)
• Flash.2 Escape Anchor (UL Classified to NFPA 1983 – Escape Use)
• Nomex® fabric waist carry bag (right- or left-handed deployment)
• ProTech™ Aluminum Auto-Lock Carabiner (NFPA 1983 – Technical Use)
• Sewn Kevlar® fiber tether (carabiner to descender)
• System Weight: 2.4 lbs. (1.1 KG)